Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2: Thankful for My Many Blessings

Happy Tuesday Taylored Expressions Fans and Crafty Friends,

What did you think of Day 1 of Sneak Peek week? Did we inspire you to get inky this weekend? I hope so, because we have a lot more to share with you this week. Today, I am showcasing the new Falling Leaves Cutting Plate and Cutting Edge-Fall stamp and combination.






Thank you cards always seem to be in short supply in my card stash, so when I had a chance to play with the new Falling Leaves Cutting Plate and So Many Thanks stamps I jumped at the chance to get inky. To create this card, I cut a horizontal A2 card base from Chocolate Truffle cardstock. I then used Toffee cardstock to die cut the cutting plate image. I was looking for a fresh take on a fall color palette (versus the standard oranges, purples and deep yellows), and Pinterest had a plethora of color schemes to choose from for inspiration. I love both the subtle, but rich visual of this color palette. Using the Fall Florals stamp and coordinating die, I created a lush fall bouquet with Peapod, Pink Champagne, Mulled Wine, Guava and Chocolate Truffle dye inks. A heat embossed sentiment using TE's black embossing powder and twine complete this fall card.



My second card features the Cutting Edge-Fall stamp and die combo.


To create this card, I did a partial die cutting technique, using an Eggplant A2 side folding card base. I then stamped and die cut the image onto a Buttercream Frosting panel, and colored the image with Copic markers and Faber Castell's Polychromo pencils. The background, using the Leafy Vines embossing folder, is the perfect complement to the fall image. A sentiment completes this card.




Thank you for spending time with me today. I hope you feel inspired to make a few fall Thank You cards for your card collection. For more inspiration featuring this month' release, visit the Taylored Expressions blog (HERE). And as with every new release, answer Taylor's Question of the Day for the opportunity to when a wonderful gift from this month's release.


Happy Crafting,

Keia 





Join the conversation!