Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Hello, Love Bug

Happy Tuesday My Crafty Friends!

Today, I am sharing a fun card from the new Taylored Expressions feature Release Revisted. In this post, we take a look at how to use the previous month's release products in new and exciting ways. This is a great opportunity to explore the stamp and/or die that you just had to have, but didn't get a chance to play with! Yes, that includes me.

My Love Bug card pairs the Big Blooms-Rose, One in a Buzzillion and On the Right Track-Heart stamp and dies. Oh, I am in LOVE.



Do you love to color? Then this card is perfect for you! To create this card, I stamped the Big Blooms-Rose twice on Copic-friendly paper, and colored the image using Copic markers from the red and green family. Next, I stamped and colored the cute bumblebee using a combination of yellow and brown Copic markers. Before assembling my card, I stamped the sentiment 'Love Bug' with Oreo dye ink onto the top panel. To assemble the card, I die cut the heart track onto the top card panel. I then inserted the bumblebee, which is adhered to a disc using foam adhesive, so it can glide around the track. A bit of embossing powder on the edges of the foam tape will remove any tackiness and prevent sticking. Next, I aligned the two colored images, being mindful to make sure the lines were in the correct position. I removed the panel again to add foam adhesive and then taped the two images together. The entire card front was then matted onto a horizontal, top-folding A2 Red Pepper card base. An enamel heart completes the card.


Thank you for stopping by! I hope this inspires you to show a little love to the new additions in your crafty stash! For more inspiration showcasing these stamps and dies, visit the Taylored Expressions Gallery (HERE). See you next week as we kick off the February Taylored Expressions' release!


Happy Crafting,


Keia


Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:


Join the conversation!