Thursday, December 8, 2016

Taylored Expressions Release Day...Show Me Your Heart

Happy Thursday Taylored Expressions Fans,

Wahoo! Today is release day! Now, all the amazing craft goodies you have been eyeing over the course of this week are available for purchase. AWESOMENESS!

Today, I am sharing two more cards featuring the exclusive Floating Hearts Cutting Plate and Loved Script.


This cutting plate is amazing. And if you have been viewing some of the designers projects over the course of the week, you are aware that this cutting plate can be used in so many creative ways. To create this shaker card, I used a sheet of 12x12 acetate and cut an A2 size card base. I then used my bone folder to score a top-folding card. I needed to do this several times in order to achieve a nice crease. Since I would not be able to use foam adhesive to create shaker pockets, I die cut the Floating Hearts Cutting Plate six times to achieve a considerable amount of thickness in order for the sequins to have adequate space in which to move. Once this one done, I adhered each piece together making sure to align them correctly. I then adhered the die cut pieces to the acetate card base and added the sequins. On the second to last Floating Hearts panel I adhered the acetate window and then placed another Floating Hearts panel on top finally securing my sequins and creating my shaker card. To add a sentiment, I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from the Filled With Love stamp and die combo onto a vellum heart die cut from the Stitched Heart Stacklets. A heart from the cutting plate covered with Glossy Accents completes this card.





The second card features the Loved Script. I really like the lettering on this die and the Sweet Script die.


To create this card, I used the Stitched Heart Stacklets to die cut a partial heart out of Sugar Cube cardstock. Using the negative space left behind created a perfect nesting place for these two lovebirds from the Love Is An Adventure stamp set. A little bit of sponging using Salt Water Taffy highlights the two birds. The Loved Script is cut from Lollipop cardstock and Sheer Shimmer adds a bit of sparkle to the piece. A few heart sequins from Crate Paper finish this card.

Well that is it for me today. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed the December release. Please visit the Taylored Expressions Blog for a complete listing of participating designers and more craft inspiration. Also, for a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS on our Floating Hearts Cutting Plate! If you’re not a Crafty Points member, it’s free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you’re automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You’ll earn 48 Crafty Points on the purchase of the TE Web Store exclusive Floating Hearts Cutting Plate!

*Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 7am PST on Thursday, December 8 and 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, December 11, 2016 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site, www.tayloredexpressions.com.



Happy Crafting,

Keia 

Card Sizes: A2
Card Supplies:




Join the conversation!