Monday, August 15, 2016

It's Your Birthday!

Happy Monday fellow Crafters and Scrappers,

It is time to get the week started with a little crafty inspiration! Ok, I will admit that I seldom have birthday cards in my card stash. And to make things worse, I NEVER have any masculine cards in my stash. Enter the Diagonal Stripes Cutting Plate. Really, the possibilities are endless with this cutting plate, and for me, I knew it was screaming, "Birthday Card! Birthday Card!" Okay, not really, but when inspiration hits it can often feel like a scream. Right?


I paired this card with several other Taylored Expressions favorites, Block Party-Happy, Party Pals, and Little Bits Balloons and Cake & Stand. To create this card, I used the Diagonal Stripes Cutting Plate twice to die cut the image from Oreo and Sugar Cube cardstock. The Oreo cardstock creates the border and the Sugar Cube cardstock creates the diagonal panels. Next, I die cut panels three and five using the Block Party-Happy die. I used a magnetic cutting plate to hold my diagonal panel and die in place. Once all the die cutting was completed, it was time to insert the white panels into the black, bordered frame using Scotch tape adhesive to hold the panels in place. I then attached my pattern paper panel as the background, added my cute party hats and balloons, along with a smattering of sequins for festive fun and was card was complete.


Thank you for stopping by. For more crafty inspiration featuring the Diagonal Stripes Cutting Plate, visit the TE Gallery. Oh, and be on the lookout for the Halloween Mummy...Awesomeness!

Thank you for stopping by,


Smiles,



Keia

Card Size: A2
Card Supplies:



Join the conversation!