Thursday, January 22, 2015

Taylored Expressions...You Make My Heart Race

Happy Thursday Taylored Expressions Fans,

I have enjoyed working with the various petite stamps and combination dies that were released this month. Today, I am showcasing the Vroom, Vroom petite stamp and die combo. This stamp is perfect for Valentine's Day or birthdays for that matter. However, I thought I would get a jump start on creating my hubby's Valentine's Day card this year. I love it when a stamp set leads to motivation and inspiration.

I love the little race car in this set and thought it would be awesome to create a sliding card (a first for me). I can just imaging riding in the car with my hubby as we drive through the countryside. The scene just brings a smile to my face. I created the foreground and border by using Taylored Expressions' Shade Tree die cutting plate. I cut the image twice so I could color the tree with Copic markers. Next, I went about creating my scene using the Build A Scene-Rolling Hills dies. My slider element was created using a straight edge ruler and a manual eyelet setter from Provo Craft. I die cut and colored my race car, then placed it on a sliding dimensional I created using to circles and gluing them together to make an H shape. Lastly, I placed my car on its pull tab so it could glide along the road. And as the car moves, there is a little surprise left in its wake =)


I really hope my hubby love his card. Thank you for stopping by today. For more crafty inspiration, stop by the Taylored Expressions' Gallery. You will be glad you did!

Smiles,

Keia 

Card Size: A2
Card Supplies: 




Join the conversation!