Wednesday, July 24, 2013

JAS Challenge No. 60 and Deconstructed Sketch No. 109

I love it when you can do two of your favorite things at one time. Not only do I have an opportunity to use one of Jen's fabulous Deconstructed Sketches, I can complete Just A Scrappin's weekly challenge as well!

This week's challenge at Just A Scrappin' is to create a card, layout or project that celebrates your family using your favorite colors and embellishment(s), along with utilizing the distress technique. This challenge was a perfect way to celebrate my sister who is turning 35. My sister loves the vintage look of things and distressing is a great way to add an aged look and feel to any project.

To create this card, I used the Flea Market paper collection by Colorbok. In addition, I added machine stitching and seam binding from Verve Stamps, and then distressed the entire card to give it an aged feel. I then applied tea dye ink to the edges to further age the paper. The pop-up embellishment is from K&Company. Michael's craft store placed these embellishments on clearance and I scooped them ALL up (I love embellishment).

Please stop by the Just A Scrappin' blog to view the projects of the other DT members.

Thank you for stopping by,

K





Card Size: 7 x 5 1/2
Card Supplies:

Paper: Colorbok (Flea Market), DCWV, MME (Fly Away), Recollection
Embellishments: Rabbit pop-up, K&Company; Bling, Imaginisce, Button, (MME Lost and Found 2)
Stamp: Close to My Heart
Seam Binding/Jute: Verve Stamps, American Crafts
Stickles and Ink: Ranger
Sewing Machine: Baby Loc and Guterman Thread



Join the conversation!

  1. This is just gorgeous! I absolutely adore your style-after all, I am Vintage! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete