Connect

Just A Scrappin' Challenge #13--Christmas in July

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good morning fellow crafters,

This week's challenge is Christmas in July using any cartridge and the colors, black, pink and white. To begin with this is a difficult challenge for me: 1) I am not ready for Christmas, not even close to thinking about it. And secondly, I am not a pink girl. I more into black. Okay, black is my go-to color. However, I appreciate this week's challenge because it pushed me as a crafter to step outside of my crafting comfort zone. I thought to myself, "Keia, if you are already on a limb, you might as well jump." So I did a project rather than my usual card layout.

My thought process was that the colors black, pink and white lent itself to a vintage Christmas project. Mix in pearls and ribbon and voila! I hope you enjoy my Christmas door hanger. Please do not forget to check out my fellow DT members' projects at Just A Scrappin'.

Happy Crafting,

K






Recipe: Completed project 8"

Paper: DCWV, Recollections, Stampin' Up, MME (Bella)
Cartridges: Elegant Edges (4 3/4"); Birthday Bash (banner cut at 8", 7 3/4", 7 1/2"); Winter Frolic (reindeer 2 3/4") and sentiment (3")
Brad: Recollections
Pearl Swirl: MME (Lost and Found); Pearls, Stampin' Up
Ribbon: Michaels
Chipboard: stash
Cuttlebug folder: swirls

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on this!!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete