Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just A Scrappin' Challenge #13--Christmas in July

Good morning fellow crafters,

This week's challenge is Christmas in July using any cartridge and the colors, black, pink and white. To begin with this is a difficult challenge for me: 1) I am not ready for Christmas, not even close to thinking about it. And secondly, I am not a pink girl. I more into black. Okay, black is my go-to color. However, I appreciate this week's challenge because it pushed me as a crafter to step outside of my crafting comfort zone. I thought to myself, "Keia, if you are already on a limb, you might as well jump." So I did a project rather than my usual card layout.

My thought process was that the colors black, pink and white lent itself to a vintage Christmas project. Mix in pearls and ribbon and voila! I hope you enjoy my Christmas door hanger. Please do not forget to check out my fellow DT members' projects at Just A Scrappin'.

Happy Crafting,

K






Recipe: Completed project 8"

Paper: DCWV, Recollections, Stampin' Up, MME (Bella)
Cartridges: Elegant Edges (4 3/4"); Birthday Bash (banner cut at 8", 7 3/4", 7 1/2"); Winter Frolic (reindeer 2 3/4") and sentiment (3")
Brad: Recollections
Pearl Swirl: MME (Lost and Found); Pearls, Stampin' Up
Ribbon: Michaels
Chipboard: stash
Cuttlebug folder: swirls

Join the conversation!

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! You did a fantastic job on this!!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete